‘Tis the season…you either love it or you hate it. Though we here at Roasty are on the “love” team, we know that sometimes the pumpkin spice craze can sometimes get a little too crazy. Nonetheless, a fall day can be even more “fall-bulous” with this perfect pumpkin spice latte, which you can make in comfort of your own home.
For this recipe, we used adjustable amounts of sugar and real pumpkin puree. And as with most drinks, you can use strong brewed hot coffee or pull yourself a shot of espresso. We used a handy-dandy Breville espresso maker and it turned out perfectly! Whatever method you use, you are sure to FALL in love with this drink.
Tip: Pumpkin pie spice makes it twice as nice, and you can buy it pre-made or concoct your own from spices you already have. For this recipe, we suggest a make-shift spice blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
To begin making this tasty treat, we need to gather our ingredients.
For this recipe we’ll need 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of strongly brewed hot coffee or two shots of espresso, 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon sugar (or more depending on your taste), 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, and whipped cream.
Pour your milk and pumpkin puree into a small saucepan. Mix well, making sure the puree blends well into the milk.
After mixing the puree and milk, add the vanilla. Whisk and heat until the mixture is warmed. Make sure the heat isn’t too high. If the milk starts to boil it can easily become spoiled.
Remove from milk mixture from heat and add in your pumpkin pie spice seasoning. Make sure to stir it well so the seasoning blends in with the milk.
Extract your hot coffee or espresso.
After your coffee is poured, pour the milk mixture over your coffee.
Top with whipped cream, add a dash of cinnamon for garnish, and enjoy!
- -1 cup milk
- -1/2 brewed coffee or double shot of espresso
- -2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- -1 tablespoon sugar (add more if preferred)
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger)
- -Whipped cream
- Pour your milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and sugar into a small saucepan. Whisk and heat until thoroughly warmed. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in your pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour coffee or pull your espresso shots in a cup. Pour milk mixture over top.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 150Total Fat: 6g