Your willingness to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for an espresso machine depends on your purpose and needs. If you have a business, consider saving some money to buy commercial espresso machines. But, if your purpose is just for home and office use, you can buy some of the best espresso machine under $200 found in here.
It’s amazing how you got to spend only a few hundred dollars for the espresso maker that has a lot of interesting features. However, be careful as there are some that aren’t long-lasting. And, who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a coffee machine that will go straight to the garbage after its first use?
As coffee lovers like you, we made the effort to pick the best espresso machines under $200 for budget buyers and for wise buyers, alike. After all, the price tag of the machine barely speaks about the quality of the espresso shots you can pull from it. But if you are in the mood for a simple and cheaper espresso machine, keep reading on our ten best picks for the best espresso machines under $200.
The best espresso machines under $200 in 2020 (Reviews)
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is a 3-in-1 coffee maker. It’s capable of preparing cappuccino, latte and, of course, your favorite, espresso. Its 15-bar pump system optimally extracts your coffee grounds to give you a rich coffee. With one-touch button operation, you can easily and quickly prepare whatever your coffee cravings for the day.
To get a single or double shot espresso, simply use its corresponding filter. The automatic milk frothing helps you achieve the foamy and creamy latte. Both milk and water reservoirs are easy-to-fill and removable.
- Gives you the option to choose different beverages
- Removable water/milk tanks for easier refill and cleaning
- Comes with very user-friendly control panel and settings
- Inconsistent brewing temperature and pressure
- Parts are trickier to assemble/disassemble
Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology is one of the most tested processes in delivering a great blend of coffee using barcode reading. And, since Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo by De’Longhi has this same technology, you are sure of its quality. It brews a single-serve cup of coffee every time.
Its design and appearance doesn’t look cheap, but high-end and durable. You can brew coffee using Nespresso Vertuo capsules only. Nespresso has three different roast and intensities, 8, 7 and 6.
You got five options for the brewing sizes, including espresso (1.35oz), double espresso (2.7oz), gran lungo (5oz), coffee (7.7oz) and alto (14oz).
- Adjustable cup tray to accommodate different cup sizes
- Large used capsule container
- Has power saving mode after being idle for 9 minutes
- Coffee is not hot enough
- Makes noise, but not too loud
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville, Chrome
- Simple, one touch espresso machine: Create exceptional freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso at the touch of a single button. The capsule is automatically ejected after brewing, with only 15-20 seconds of pre-heating time. The cup support is adjustable to three positions to accommodate different cup sizes.
- One espresso machine, five cup sizes: One convenient machine for 5 cup sizes, depending on your coffee needs: Alto Coffee (14 oz),Coffee (8oz), Gran Lungo (5 oz), Double Espresso (2.7 oz) and Espresso (1.35oz). Each capsule delivers the finest roast and ground coffee sealed in a single-serve portion for optimal freshness.
Though Nespresso has hundreds of products, it still has given each with a great feature. Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville offers greatness in every cup with it’s the Vertuo capsules that come along with this machine.
With a touch of a button, you can either have an espresso (1.35oz) or coffee (7.7oz). These two brew sizes use small and large capsules, respectively. In just 15-20 seconds from startup, you’ll have a brew-ready espresso machine. The Centrifusion technology helps the machine determine the optimal brewing settings by reading the barcode that contains unique Grand Cru blend.
The machine mostly does the hard labor, all you need to do is press the button. Since the capsules are automatically ejected to the used capsule container after brewing, just enjoy your cup of coffee. And, if not in use within 9 minutes, it enters into its energy-saving mode and shuts down for less energy consumption.
- Quick heat up time of around 15 seconds only
- One-touch selection for coffee or espresso
- Auto shut-off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Can use Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- With limited capsules, limited variety and flavors
If you are in the quest of finding the machine to make the perfect espresso, Cuisinart EM-200 Programmable 15-Bar Espresso Maker won’t disappoint you. Along with its 15-bar pressure pump, you can program the machine to make single or double espresso shots. You may also pre-program the cup size to be 1.5oz and 3oz.
You can brew 1 or 2 cups with either espresso pods or coffee grounds of your choosing. It has a portafilter that makes it easier to use coffee grounds and easily dispose of the wet grounds after brewing. With 69oz of removable water tank, surely you can make a few more espresso cups for your friends and family.
It has a stainless steel steam nozzle for those who are into latte and cappuccino. In fact, there’s also a dedicated button for more options.
- Has easy to use milk frothing system
- Can easily switch between brewing and steaming
- Since it’s compact, it’s very heavy
- Frothing milk is noisy, making whistling and wheezing
Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine with Aeroccino Milk Frother Bundle by De’Longhi, Black
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De’Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve Coffee or Espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect Coffee machine that fits perfectly into any interior design.
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of Coffee without having to refill the 24 ounce tank. This automatic Coffee machine gets your perfect cup of Coffee or Espresso to you fast.
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine by De’Longhi is a compact and lightweight coffee machine perfect for any kitchen interior design. With its 19-bar pressure pump, you can make great coffee, even from this affordable machine.
It becomes brew-ready in as fast as 25 seconds. With one-touch operation, you‘ll have a great coffee in seconds. For the 24oz water tank, you can make at least 9 single-serve espressos before you’re going to refill water again.
It is bundled with Aeroccino 3 milk frother that works magic in your coffee drinks. You can create a perfect finish of your cappuccino or you can simply steam milk for other purposes.
- Sleek and has a very compact design
- It heats up quickly (around 25 seconds) and brews faster, as well
- Has programmable cup sizes
- Makes some noise when brewing
- Water reservoir is very challenging to detach
- Smaller water tank
If you are a looking for a perfect coffee machine that goes well with your kitchen design, pick Klarstein Passionata Rossa 20 Espresso Machine. With its design and finish, this sure is a thing of beauty. Whether you need it for home and office use, this coffee machine will serve you well without any problem.
It comes with a removable water tank (1.3 qt) that allows you to prepare up to six cups of coffee before refilling. You can use either an espresso pod or ground coffee.
With the 20-bar pressure pump, you’ll have a well-prepared coffee. It has a milk frothing system that helps you get steam for your latte or cappuccino. It’s quick to heat and quite to operate.
- Has beautiful, yet durable stainless steel design
- User-friendly controls and easy to operate
- Make different types of coffee beverages
- There’s some plastic in the portafilter
- Some may not like the flavor of the coffee
The brewing operation of Mr. Coffee Easy Espresso Maker can be summed in three words: Scoop, slide, and brew. That simple! And, you’ll have your coffee ready for you.
It comes with a 15-bar Italian pump system and patented auto-tamp technology that gives great flavor to your espresso. You have a milk frothing wand that is versatile enough to add steam to your espresso to make it a latte or a cappuccino.
You can maximize its 30oz water reservoir to give you several espresso shots, perfect to treat your friends with a good homemade coffee. The removable drip tray makes it easier for you to use different cup sizes for your coffee.
- Heats in as fast as 3 seconds
- Most parts are dishwasher safe
- One-touch control panel for easy navigation of settings
- Made of plastic
- Has smaller water tank
- Maybe too loud when brewing
Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, Lime
- Performance: Create a barista-style coffee or espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- Size: Discover the newest and smallest ever single-serve espresso maker from Nespresso by De’Longhi, without compromising on exceptional coffee and espresso moments. This compact espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counter space.
The smallest espresso coffee maker from De’Longhi has great features to make barista-grade coffee drinks. The Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine by De’Longhi gives you the kind of great coffee quality from its very small and compact construction. With one-touch technology, miracles happen in just a press of a button.
It has a 19-bar pressure pump that helps extract the perfect flavor of your coffee. It’s a single-serve coffee machine so expect to get a cup at a time. You can have either espresso (1. 35oz) and lungo (5oz) sizes, by simply pressing their dedicated button.
Its design is sleek and compact, can fit perfectly in anyone’s kitchen. It is among the fastest heating up system that allows it to reach the ideal temperature in just 30 seconds. Moreover, it’s energy-efficient with its auto-off function after 9 minutes when left not in use.
- Easy to use and portable
- Comes with auto-off function after 9 minutes of inactivity — very energy-efficient
- It’s very easy to clean and maintain
- Espresso has less crema
- Can use Nespresso pods only
- Has a very small water tank (20.3oz)
SALE at $59.70 OFF
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, Silver
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs Espresso (1.35 ounces), Double Espresso (2.7 ounces), Gran Lungo (5 ounces), Coffee (7.7 ounces) and Alto (14 ounces); Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks; Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology using barcodes to deliver the best in cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes; Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso
Probably the best buy for this price point, Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by De’Longhi is the best pick. You can enjoy a freshly brewed coffee in a minute with its fast heating system, reaching the ideal temperature in 15 seconds.
It has the patented Nespresso Centrifusion extraction technology that utilizes the barcode on the rim of the capsule being used to adjust the brewing parameters for each brewing cycle. All you need is to place your cup — espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.7 oz) and alto (14 oz), press that one button and the machine will do everything automatically. Just wait for it to finish and, enjoy.
You can make a few more servings since you got a 54oz water capacity. And, to make it a great deal, it has an Aeroccino 3 milk frother included. So, preparing espresso-based drinks will surely be easy and a breeze.
- Perfect to extract rich and aromatic espresso
- Water tank has a large capacity, as well as the capsule container (of 17 used capsules)
- Single one-touch operation
- No “hot water on demand” option
- Can brew only one cup at a time
No products found.
A 2-in-1 coffee maker made of stainless steel like an AICOK Espresso Machine makes a difference in your coffee experience. It has a 15-bar high-pressure pump that helps you make great-tasting coffee.
It has a 1050W High power heater so you can easily brew fresh espresso and enjoy it while hot. Since it has a milk frother, you can also make great lattes and cappuccino. You can enjoy its greatness until the last drop.
It has a few more outstanding features aside from the ones mentioned. You can automatically control the temperature settings of the machine to keep it constant. You’ll enjoy the benefit of a 43oz water tank, which can serve you a few more shots of your favorite espresso.
- Simple design, easy to operate
- Produce coffee beverages quickly
- Energy saving and space-saving
- Milk frothing is a little noisy
- It’s a little heavy
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ESPRESSO MACHINE UNDER $200 – In-depth BUYING GUIDE
Whether you’re buying a $2000 or a $200 espresso machine, it’s very important to know what your needs are. So, to aid you with your quests, we give you our parameters when considering an espresso machine, even under $200.
Brew Temperature and Pressure — If the machine you like can’t even heat up to an ideal temperature, forget about it. Look for another that can give a consistent brewing temperature of at least 194 degrees, says Wise Pick.
Build Quality — Most machines under $200 are made with plastic(source). So, if you want a more durable, long-lasting build, look for pricier ones.
Programmable — In this price range, it’s a plus if the machine has programmable settings. But, be wise, because other products aren’t that good when it comes to this aspect.
Now that you’ve read our best pick, it’s time for us to share with you our favorite. It’s hard to pick only one of our top picks. However, this espresso machine excels with flying colors both in functionality and value for money, as well as usability.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista is our top choice as the best espresso machine under $200. Packed with great features – where it lets you create your drink of choice (cappuccino, latte, or espresso), at a price that’s reasonable enough for beginners, this is definitely a coffee maker you should consider.